Thursday, March 15, 2012

Because I Can

 Author's Note: I have recently been thinking about life. Not just why we're here and what our purpose is, but I have been thinking about how amazing this life is. I wrote this piece for two reasons. First, because I wanted to portray the feeling I have been having recently. Second, I have been trying some new techniques (word choice). Tell me what you think.
I always swing facing the same way.  I stare at the trees dancing in the wind. I stare at the sun, setting on the horizon a million miles away.  I stare at the little things in life; the birds singing, the flowers blooming, the clouds moving. The little things -- even if it's just for a second -- make up for the big
things. The things behind me.

I don't mind living in an orphanage. I don’t mind at all, but it's taking my life away. What little freedom I used to have was torn from my hands, now forcing me to follow commands and serve others. I cant make my own decisions anymore, I need the help of others to guide me to the right path; or at least that's what they say. I can't possibly be mature enough to make a decision for my own.  The only time left for me is then; when I swing.

 I swing because it makes me feel free. The wind blowing through my hair, soaring above all. I swing because I rise above my problems; leave them on the ground.  I swing because I have the power. I swing because of the memories, the new and the old. I swing because I want to; because I can.

1 comment:

  1. Aww... that's soo cute! And kinda sad...
    Great job though-- your use of figurative language shined through.

    ReplyDelete