Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just Ask


“Ask, and it shall be given; seek and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened to you.” –Bible

This quote is pretty straight forward. It clearly states that if you ask, you will get it, if you seek for it, you will find it; and if you knock on something, it will be opened to you. But, this quote isn’t about being greedy, or knowing that no matter what, you can get what you want.  The meaning of this quote is to let you know that when you’re worried, or scared that something won’t turn out your way, you just have to ask. Yes, there will be times that you will get turned down. Things won’t always go your way. But, if you ask for something, and in return you find that you get something else, you were meant to have that.  In the long run, if you ask, you will be given what you need.

I am a strong believer of the quote. Even if you’re not religious, then, don’t look at the quote in a biblical way. You don’t need to think about the power giving you these things as God, they could be about any average person in  the world. Chances are, if you ask, you will find your answer. However, being a Christian, I feel as if this quote is perfect because god will give us the things we need.

At least for me, I know that I have questions on things every day.  I’m always looking for answers to my questions, but sometimes I am scared to know. From experience I have learned that if you just ask, then you will know. And if it’s the answer you were looking for? Great. If not? Then maybe you just have to ask a different question. 

1 comment: