Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Say Goodbye.

Author's Note: This piece was written to show the extraordinary word choice I can use.  I needed to get  a 10 on word choice, and that was completed with this piece.
As I step of the bus, I walk in to the middle of a storm.  It’s raining bullets.  Looking up I see the sky brightening.  Crashes of lightning hitting the horizon, followed by roars of thunder.  Tress dancing in the wind, swaying back and forth. Walking along, stepping in puddles, but it feels no different from the pouring rain hitting my shoulders. Looking ahead, I see the sun emerge from an army of clouds.  I see birds flying and creatures stumbling.  As I turn my head, I see the storm that just passed. I say goodbye to wet cold weather, and hello to sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment